Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Robin's Nest

Outdoor and nature photography is my favorite. Only problem is, living in town doesn't provide very many great photo opportunities. So when there is one, I am not about to pass it up!

A couple weeks ago I was sitting outside enjoying the morning with my parents over a cup of coffee.  We noticed a Robin working hard to build her nest in our Magnolia tree. Naturally, I wanted to get a photo of it so I pulled up a ladder. 


A couple weeks later I checked it again and there were two eggs!


I really wanted to get a photo of the baby birds and several times I set up the ladder but the Mamma bird was very upset that I was getting so near her nest and kept swooping down at me and chirping loudly. 

Finally I got up the courage to actually climb the ladder (despite my fear of being attacked) and got a photo of the baby! It’s not the sharpest or most wonderful picture but I was in a hurry!




No comments:

Post a Comment